Social Media Management/Optimization
Social Media Optimization (SMO/SMM) is a great way to keep your relations intact with your existing customers and create new ones as well. It deals with getting organic traffic on your business profile/ page on various Social Media platforms. The various steps involved in SMO are listed below:
- Focus your efforts on right place: You don’t have to place your content on all the social media platforms. Place your content on those social media platforms, wherever your target audience or customer is present. So, how to decide which platform is worthy of your time?
- Simply Ask: Contact your customers via email or message or call to get the information about their engagement on different social media platforms.
- Look at your share count: Analyze & identify the social media platform where people are searching and sharing your post and content.
- Look for your competitor: Look for your competitors. Try to find out where they are posting.
- Optimize your Social Media Profile: For optimizing your social media profile, go to edit profile and complete it keeping in mind the following points:
- Use an easy to remember username.
- Use a recognizable photo/ brand logo.
- Write a keyword rich description (that sounds natural)
- A traceable link back to your website.
- Post Evergreen content: Don’t publish content with an expiration date, rather “Try to post something educational and funny”. Humor, shock, or awe are great emotions to target with evergreen content.
- Work Smarter not harder: Posting more is not the answer. Post less but try to focus on high quality and relevant content. In this case, literally prefer quality over quantity.
- Use targeting to maximize organic potential: “Target specific member of your audience” In Facebook, there are 8 options for targeting your audience:
- Education Level
- Post and Date
The same options are available on twitter also.
- Post during slow hours:
Facebook: Thursday/ Friday between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
Twitter: Weekdays between 12 p.m. and 6 p.m.
LinkedIn: Tuesday to Thursday between 7 a.m./ 8 a.m. to 5 p.m./ 6 p.m.
- Post right type of content:
- Promote your profile everywhere: “Add follow buttons on your website”
Every place where your business is listed/ has a presence, you should also showcase your social media platforms.
- Post the right balance of promotional/ useful content: Try to maintain a balance in the ratio of 80:20 between the two, where 80 is for the useful/ helpful content and 20 is for the promotional content.
- Interact and engage with your followers: If you properly engage with people and reply to their comments, you are going to build a great reputation.
“It is all about optimization, user experience and high quality content.”